Pumpkin Talkari (Curry)

I have long had a fascination with foods from other cultures. During my time in high school my mom would often travel over a hundred miles to go to the specialty food store to buy the herbs and spices I needed for my dishes. I remember using herbs and spices such as garam masala, basil, oregano, sage, marjoram in my dishes which was very unusual for us. When I did my practicals I would always have to save a serving for the Principal. I guess all this fueled my love for all things culinary and my quests as a chef. 

This is a favorite to have with roti, rice or as a dip for chips. 

Ingredients
1 lb. pumpkin 
2 pimento berries
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
1 bouillon cube (optional)
1 tbsp curry
1/2 tsp. salt
1 small slice of hot pepper
1/2 tsp. geera
2 tbsp. oil

Directions

Cut up the onion, pimentos and garlic and set aside. Cut up pumpkin and set aside. heat oil and saute garlic Add the hot pepper Add the rest of seasonings, bouillon cube and geera. Add the pumpkin and stir. Add a little water and leave to simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes. Add salt and allow to reduce to a semi thick consistency. Not too dry though!

Adapted from Simplytrinicooking

No comments:

Post a Comment